Do you want braces but are uncomfortable with the metal wires and bands? Have you heard about Invisalign? It is one of the best alternatives to traditional metal braces. The dentist in Abilene will take your teeth impressions, and a computerized treatment plan will then be developed. Upon completing the treatment itself, you can glance at what your teeth will look like. Invisalign treatment can assure you of corrected and aligned teeth, and that too within the shortest time frame.
The correction measures begin with a set of clear plastic aligners. It can be applied to a single tooth or a group of multiple teeth. It can be placed perfectly onto the surface of a tooth without any need for wires. However, it should be worn at least 20 to 22 hours a day to receive the best results within the specified period. You may feel some pressure whenever you wear a new set of aligners every two weeks. But you can tolerate it when compared to traditional metal braces.
For the treatment to advance and get the desired results, the dentist in Abilene will ask you to wear it every two weeks. It needs to be replaced after two weeks. You will have to wear a new set of aligners after that. You will have to follow the instructions of the Abilene dentist without fail to experience the success of Invisalign treatment. Traditional metal braces may take a minimum of 36 months to as long as 96 months to see a visible change. However, Invisalign treatment can correctly align your misaligned teeth in less than 12 months to a maximum of 18 months.
Requirements for Invisalign
- While eating the food, you should keep aside the clear aligners.
- Once you complete eating the food, ensure that you brush your teeth before placing clear aligners into the mouth.
- If you have a teeth-grinding problem, you can wear the liners down before the next clear aligners are required. You should check for any wear in the aligners and replace the worn aligner as quickly as possible.
- The aligners should be worn 20 hours a day for the best results. However, ensure that you are not wearing it above 22 hours a day.
- You should wear the aligners as prescribed by the Abilene dentist. If not, the next set of clear aligners may not fit properly, and you may have to incur additional costs for taking new impressions and aligners.
Advantages of Invisalign
- Others cannot notice Invisalign clear aligners. Thanks to the clear plastic that makes it transparent and invisible.
- It is comfortable to wear compared to traditional metal braces.
- It can be removed and placed easily.
- It can be maintained without any hassles.
- Since you can brush your teeth and eat food by removing the aligners, it ensures good oral hygiene for the patient.
- The possibility of tooth decay can be significantly reduced with Invisalign treatment.
- The best results can be achieved within the shortest period.
Even though it could be a bit expensive compared to traditional metal braces, Invisalign treatment is worth the investment. Schedule an appointment with your nearest dentist in Abilene to check your eligibility for Invisalign treatment.